Friday, March 16, 2012

M&M Sugar Cookies

I had a bag of white chocolate M&M's hiding in my pantry and I needed to use them up before I broke them open and started eating them be the handful. When I found this recipe I knew this is what they were went meant for.

I love how the cookies are crispy around the edges and nice and soft in the center. The best part is they stay this way! These were an accompaniment to the Crack Dip I made for the grill out we had this past weekend. I got rave reviews except from my niece who informed me that they were "Yucky!" repeatedly...so you'll have to either believe my little niece or the other ten of us that loved them!



M&M Sugar Cookies
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 c. unsalted butter (room temp)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. white sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
M&Ms

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix well.

3. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Scoop dough into tablespoon size balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. The cookies will spread so leave room for them to spread. (You can roll the dough in M&M's now or place M&M's on the cookies right after you take them out of the oven. I found it makes "prettier" ones if you do it after they are finished.)

4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to finish cooling.


Recipe from: What's Gaby Cooking?

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 

Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how fun and springy!! anne

 
At March 22, 2012 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

They look delicious and so pretty too! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

 
At June 25, 2012 at 12:45 AM , Blogger andieclark said...

Thanks for this recipe! I will make this for our children's party next month. I will also put a poster that will remind them to brush their teeth well after eating too much candies. The Omaha cosmetic dentistry has given me that tip.

 
At August 3, 2012 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Ryan Donovan said...

Just like what the lubbock dentists would always say, "Make sure to brush your teeth after every sweets." I guess they have a point since too much sweets without brushing is the easiest way to attract cavities.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home