Friday, February 24, 2012

Cheesy Wild Rice Soup

There is nothing like soup on cold winter days. It warms you from the inside out. There's nothing better than a crock-pot soup recipe so it's waiting to greet you after work on a weeknight in my opinion! I hate coming home and wondering what I'm going to make. Sure I try to do the whole menu planning but I'm driven by emotions and sometimes it's hard to tell what I'm going to feel like making four days in advance so it's always changing. I would say it's a rough draft of menu ideas for the week!

My hubby loves wild rice soup. When my mom asked us out for supper one night she said she was going to make this soup. She informed me I had it before and liked it but I couldn't remember. The hubby loved it and I made sure to get the recipe and it's become a staple in our house ever since!

I served these with my Ham, Cheese & Poppyseed Sandwiches. I'd been craving for these a couple weeks so it rounded out these simply and easy supper perfectly!!

*I'm sorry about the terrible picture. It doesn't do it justice, but I can not take a good picture of soup!!!


Cheesy Wild Rice Soup
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of potato soup
4 c. milk
1 jar cheese whiz (15 oz)
2 cans wild rice, drained
Bacon bits
Onions

1. Mix above ingredients in crock pot and put on low ~ The longer it cooks the better the flavor!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home