Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken

I have a soft spot for Chinese. Unfortunately my husband does not share that soft spot. I've been craving Chinese for a while and I haven't been able to con anyone into going and eating with me.

So my plan attack goes something like this. Find a recipe online, attempt new recipe, don't tell husband it's anything to do with Chinese and see how it goes.

It went great!! He was a little skeptical when he looked at it. I forced him to try it because at this point he figured out it was Chinese. He tried and it and even liked it! I was a happy camper as after a while there is so only so many meat and potato dishes you can come up with.

This recipe does take a little bit of time so be aware of that! It's perfect served with Fried Rice!


Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
salt + pepper
3/4 cup cornstarch
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt

1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. 

2. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut chicken into chunks. Mix salt and pepper with cornstarch in small bowl. Dip chicken into the cornstarch mixture to coat. Then dip into the eggs. 

3. Heat your 1/4 c. oil in large skillet. Cook chicken until browned, but not cooked through. Place chicken in greased 9x13 in. baking dish.

4.  Whisk sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and garlic salt together in bowl. Pour over chicken and toss to coat. Bake for one hour. Stir mixture every fifteen minutes while baking. 



Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 


Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 29, 2012 at 8:50 AM , Anonymous Carrie said...

My husband is the Chinese lover in our home, but this pregnancy has brought it out in me too. I will be trying this.

 
At March 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This looks divine! Thank you so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday and I hope you'll stop back soon :)

 
At April 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

This sounds delicious! Sweet and sour chicken is my favorite. Love your picture!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home