Wednesday, February 22, 2012

English Muffin Bread

When I found this recipe on Pinterest I was immediately dying to try it. Bread usually scares me because it calls for a certain temperature of liquids and the yeast just makes me nervous, but this one looked so simple I knew I could handle it and so can you!

I made this recipe on Friday and took a couple loaves out to my mom's for coffee the next morning since I had to steal her loaf pans to make it as I needed four and only have two. I'll be investing in two more trust me!

My brother's girlfriend was at mom's and we were all sitting at the kitchen table sipping our coffee and eating toast...sounds like the perfect little family on the farm doesn't it? Don't worry there was tons of good natured ribbing going on around the table too! Anyways back to the bro's girlfriend. She looks at me and her eyes light up and she exclaims you so found this on Pinterest didn't you? I started giggling and said yup you must have found my pin. So glad someone else can join me in my pinterest addiction!

This bread is so simple and easy plus it makes your home smell like a million bucks. It makes wonderful toast especially smothered with my mom's homemade Strawberry Rhubarb jam. The hubby is waiting to make some eggs and sausage with it. He was super excited about this prospect!



English Muffin Bread
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
5 1/2 cups warm water
3 packages yeast
2 Tablespoons salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
11 cups all-purpose flour
Butter, melted

1. Mix all the ingredients together. Don't over mix. There will be some lumps and the dough will be sticky. This is ok! Then spoon into 4 well greased loaf pans.

2. Let the dough rise in the pans until it reaches the top of the pan. This will take about a hour.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Ten minutes before the bread is done take it out of the oven and brush melted butter on the top of the loaves. Bake the remaining 10 minutes until it's golden brown on top.



4. Allow to cool completely before cutting. If you don't you'll have a crumbly mess!

Recipe from: One Good Thing



Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At February 27, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Avril said...

I LOVE Pinterest!!! I will definitely look for you so that I can follow you :-) I have seen this recipe floating around on Pinterest and now that you have given it such a wonderful review I've got to make it myself. 11 cups of flour!?! - WOWSERS!!! Good think I just bought 25 lbs of flour in bulk!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home