Friday, March 9, 2012

Olive Garden Breadsticks

I LOVE Olive Garden. It's a good thing that I live two hours from the closet one or I would have gained about 50 lbs and spent mucho dinero at that place by now. I can't say I'm in love with any particular pasta dish. It's the breadsticks and salad that do me in.

Now I've found the perfect recipe to cure my breadstick craving when it comes to Olive Garden. I'm just going to have to find the dressing recipe for Olive Garden now!

I think the key ingredient in these breadsticks is the sea salt so this is your warning if you don't have sea salt go buy some!

These are super simple to make. Remember I'm scared of yeast! They do take a while to prepare as they have to rise etc. so please plan ample time. This is your warning because one night I was in a hurry and attempted these and it backfired. Good thing I gave them a second chance when I had more time! Also, the recipe makes quite a few breadsticks, so I halved the recipe.


Olive Garden Breadsticks
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

Dough
1 1/2 c. warm water
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp year
1 Tbsp salt
2 Tbsp butter, softened
4 c. flour

Topping
3 Tbsp butter, Melted & Divided
Sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder

1. For the dough, pour the water into a stand mixer with the sugar and yeast, let that sit and froth for about 10 minutes.

2. Add salt, butter, and 2 cups of flour. Mix the dough on low. Add the rest of the flour a half cup at a time, until dough scrapes the sides of the bowl clean. Mix the dough about 5 minutes on medium speed, until its soft and easy to work with.

3. Roll the dough out into a long log, cut the dough into 12-14 pieces. Roll those pieces into about 6 inch long snakes. Spray 2 large cookie sheets with cooking spray, and lay the breadsticks out leaving about 2 inches between each one. Place them in the oven with the temperature turned to 170 degrees. Let them rise for about 20 minutes, or until doubled in size.

4. Once risen, brush them with the 1 1/2 T of melted butter and sprinkle them with salt.

5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake them for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. While they are baking combine the rest of the melted butter with 1/4 t garlic powder. When the breadsticks are golden brown, remove them from the oven and brush them with the butter/garlic mixture.

Recipe From: Readable Eatables

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 9, 2012 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Girl after my own heart! These things are my FAVORITE!

 
At March 10, 2012 at 4:11 AM , Blogger Savannah McQueen said...

Oh how I love bread. I look forward to trying these.

 
At March 10, 2012 at 7:43 AM , Anonymous Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats said...

Olive Garden breadsticks are deadly good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home