Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Apple Peanut Butter Cookie

Wow. I need to organize my boards on Pinterest. I have 493 DESSERT pins alone. Well now I have 492 if I could find this one to delete! I could never make that many desserts. Then I go and keep adding to them. Someone needs to cut me off. Moral of the story...a recipe can get lost on my board.

This one almost did. Well actually it did. Luckily I remembered I found it on the Taste of Home website so I could look it up. Thank goodness I diverted that catastrophe!

This cookie is great if you are looking for something other than the typical chocolate chip cookie. The crunchy peanut butter adds the crunch and the apples keep is nice and moist, while adding a surprise flavor when you bit into them. The outcome is this heavenly cookie with a bit of crunch but still nice and soft and chewy. Exactly how I like my cookies!



Apple Peanut Butter Cookies
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. chunky peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 c. peeled apple, grated

1. Cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Then beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.

2. In another bowl combine the dry ingredients together. Add to the creamed mixture gradually and mix until well blended. Stir in the apple.

3. On greased baking sheets drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire racks and let finish cooling.



**Reduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.

Recipe from: Taste of Home


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 
 

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 13, 2012 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Bridget said...

mmmm peanut butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, apple! sounds delicious, thanks for sharing :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home