Monday, March 12, 2012

Crack Dip

The weather was AMAZING this weekend. It definitely made me hope that spring was here to say. We have had great winter in Minnesota with way less subzero temperatures and snowstorms than usually and an early spring would make it the perfect winter.

When spring is in the air it's funny to watch people in Minnesota. We all go slightly crazy and wear short sleeves, shorts, grill and over all act like it's about 75 degrees out and sunny in the middle of the summer. Others would call us nuts, I just like to think we are hearty!

We celebrated they amazingly warm weather with a grill out at brother and sister-in-laws. I whipped up this simple and delicious dip for the get together. If you are looking for an accompaniment for your nice grill out this is perfect!


Crack Dip
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
16 oz sour cream
1 packet ranch dressing mix
3 oz bacon bits (in the packet not the plastic jar)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

1. Mix together. It's best if you refrigerate it for a day before eating!

Recipe from: Plain Chicken

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 

Labels:

10 Comments:

At March 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

This sounds great. I need to make this soon!

 
At March 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi from your newest follower! I can understand why this is called crack dip--truly addictive,love your site! anne from www.anniebakes.net

 
At March 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

This sounds yummy!

www.cancerinthecity.com

 
At March 13, 2012 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

Yummy! I'll be making this soon... Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

 
At March 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Anonymous Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

This looks amazingly good. I just pinned the recipe too! Follow me if you'd like at http://pinterest.com/newlyweds/

 
At March 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM , Blogger MrsJenB said...

Interesting! I'd never have thought to add cheese. But the bacon seems like a no-brainer. ;) I mean, there's nothing that can't improve with bacon. Maybe ice cream? Hmm...

 
At March 23, 2012 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous BrendafromSC said...

I make this all the time! It's my favorite dip. I never knew it actually had a name, lol

 
At March 23, 2012 at 5:01 PM , Anonymous Lisa @ Lisa's Dinnertime Dish said...

I found you over at Weekend Potluck. This dip sounds amazing, the combination sounds fantastic! I'm a Minnesota girl too, so I totally get what you're saying about springtime here! :)

 
At March 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM , Blogger Addicted to Recipes said...

Easy and YUMMY. Nice! Thanks for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday!

 
At March 30, 2012 at 6:54 AM , Blogger The Country Cook said...

Hey Julie! Your crack dip is a featured recipe today over at Weekend Potluck - yay! How could we resist crack dip..lol. Come on over & grab a featured button if you'd like! :)
http://www.thecountrycook.net/2012/03/weekend-potluck-11.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home