Monday, March 5, 2012

Pizza Hot Dish

Kid friendly and easy to make. What's not to love about this simple hot dish that will feed a family?

It's a down home, comfort food kind of dish and sometimes we just need that don't we? Well at least I do. It reminds me of growing up on the farm. There were many nights were some type of hot dish was on the menu. Don't worry we weren't to back woods. We had running water by the time I was eight. Just kidding!

Ask my future sister-in-law about what it's like to be from the "farm". The girl grew up in the "cities" aka Minneapolis/St. Paul area and is now going to call the farm home. I have to tell this story. The first time she came here she saw a girl at a local pizza restaurant come in and she had on a "camo" (camouflage) jacket and she whispered to my brother and nephew "Does she really have camo on?" Yup hunny anything goes out here! Sorry...hope you find humor in this story that I just spilled to thousands of people future sis-in-law! For the record we really aren't that redneck and my future sis-in-law is simply amazing and some day we might catch her wearing camo, just not into public places!

I wonder if future sis-in-law can make a mean hot dish? If not she might have to learn quick. The brother certainly likes his meals down home! I might know someone that could teach her.....



Pizza Hot Dish
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
8 oz spaghetti, cooked
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 can tomato soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz mozzarella cheese

1. Brown ground beef and onion. Mix all ingredients, except for cheese, in a large bowl.

2. Put into a greased 2 1/2 quart dish. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Add cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes more, until cheese is melted.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home