Monday, February 27, 2012

Monte Cristo Sandwich

The Monte Cristo Sandwich is one of my favorites when I go to a restaurant and they have it on the menu. When I saw this recipe over at Plain Chicken I knew I had to try it out.

I love that it's super simple and comes together for a quick lunch on a weekend. The hubby got all excited when he saw the recipe sitting on the counter to try out!

If you are looking for a quick lunch or supper this won't dissappoint!



Monte Cristo Sandwich
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
Honey mustard
8 slices country bread
Swiss cheese slices
Honey-Baked Ham
4 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
4 Tbsp butter

1. Spread mustard on bread. Layer 4 bread slices with Swiss cheese, ham, and cheese again. Place remaining bread slices on top.

2. In a pie plate, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture, turning to coat well.

3. In a large skillet, melt half the butter over medium-low heat. When butter is foamy, add two sandwiches, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes total. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately.

*Next time I'm going to try this on the panini grill and see how that goes!

Recipe from: Plain Chicken



Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 27, 2012 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Avril said...

Hey Julie! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

I just LOVE a good monte cristo sandwich....I think your idea of making it in a panini grill is brilliant!

 
At February 28, 2012 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Rachel @ The Avid Appetite said...

Nothing quite like a good sandwich! I've never made a monte cristo but I think my husband would jump for joy if I broke this one out! Yum!

 
At February 29, 2012 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

This is mouth watering! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home