Friday, March 2, 2012

Fried Rice

Since I was all adventurous a few nights ago and tried my first Chinese dish, Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken, I had to have something to serve with. This is where this recipe comes in. It was a fabulous meal.

I was skeptical that the hubby would eat this as it has carrots in it. *GASP* The horrors! He never even mentioned that they were in there. I wonder if he noticed? I swear he just thinks he doesn't like vegetables and is being impossible! I didn't let him on my little secret that there were a few carrots in this dish!



Fried Rice
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

3-4 cups cooked white rice, day old or leftover rice works best!
3 Tbsp sesame oil
1 c. frozen peas and carrots, thawed
1 small onion, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 c. soy sauce

1. On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet or wok.  Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender. 

2. Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled. 

3.  Add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated!

*If you want to use this as more of a main dish feel free to add in some chicken!

Adapted from: Life as a Lofthouse

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 


Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

I have never made fried rice and really want to try it. This looks great.

 
At March 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Made By Laks said...

My 6 yr old is crazy over chinese fried rice and i will try this version sometime..

I blog at http://laks365.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home