Monday, July 25, 2011

Monster Cookies

I have a confession to make...I've been holding out on you. Yes, yes I really have been, but I didn't even know it. I can't believe I haven't shared this recipe with you yet.

It's these magnificent Monster Cookies that I've been holding out. They are out of this world in the way that you might have to tell your significant other to remove them from your reach or maybe even hide them. They are that good. I'm not lying. They are chewy, soft and utterly perfect. Personally I hate cookies that crunch and are not soft, so you will rarely if ever find one of those on here. Plus they stay soft for several days. BONUS!

This recipe is from my dear friend Derek, who I went to high school and college with. He introduced it to me after high school when we decided one summer to bake/cook together weekly. Yes we might have been dorks, but we were ok with it and our friends loved it! After we made this Monster Cookie recipe I have never ever even thought of looking for another one. It would be like cheating on it. I'm not that type of girl. I just won't go there! Once again I adapted this recipe to be chocolate free by using Reese's Piece and peanut butter chips but you can substitute the M&M's and chocolate chips if you prefer it that way. Enjoy!



Monster Cookies
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 stick butter
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 c. quick oatmeal
1 c. peanut butter or chocolate chips
1 c. Reese's Pieces or M&M's


1. Mix all together and let stand 1/2 hour

2. Baked at 325 degrees for 12 minutes

3. Take out before they look done. Let sit on the cookie sheet 5 minutes. They will continue to cook on the cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack and let cool.


Shared on Hugs & Cookies 7/26/11

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 25, 2011 at 4:17 PM , Anonymous Tina @flourtrader said...

I am always on the lookout for new and tasty cookie recipes and this one sure looks like a winner. I like the fact that it is versatile enough that you can customize it by putting in whatever add ins you want. Delicious-great post.

 
At July 25, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Rebecca @ A Dash of Thyme said...

Good picture, Julie! I have yet to experience the Monster Cookie! They look too yummy to eat just one!

 
At July 25, 2011 at 7:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh - these look just too yummy! You HAVE been holding out on us! I'm glad you unburdened yourself...don't you feel better?

 
At July 26, 2011 at 6:43 AM , Anonymous Chrissy said...

These look sooo good! I've been seeing these monster cookies everywhere, but haven't tried them yet. I really should get on that :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home