Monday, July 18, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread

I made this recipe with my niece the other night. I had it "pinned" on Pinterest and she had full control over what recipe we were going to try out. When she comes to visit life usually gets put on hold and we do whatever she likes to do. This weekend she was my "assistant" in the kitchen. I was amazed at how well she can bake! She knew how to scrape the bowls, level off the baking powder and flour etc. She proudly said my grandma taught me that. Good thing Grandma is so smart because that's where I got all my "mad" skills from too! This is a very kid friendly recipe that they are sure to love. I didn't use homemade dough but it would be excellent with it. I had a few frozen bread dough loaves in the freezer and pulled those out and they worked great. I made it by the recipe the first time, but with the leftovers I spiced it up a bit with Italian Seasoning and Garlic Salt brushed on it. They were "ok" without and amazing with the extra seasonings. The hubby loved it and it's a great twist to the typical pizza. There is only so much pizza I can consume, which in hindsight is a lot! Enjoy!



Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbsp butter
2 tsp garlic salt
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 lb frozen bread dough or pizza dough
6 oz mozzarella cheese, cubed
48 Turkey Pepperoni
2-3 c. marinara sauce


1. Heat garlic and butter over medium heat until garlic just beings to brown. Remove from heat and add garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Spray inside of bundt pan with non stick spray.

2. Pull off marble sized pieces of dough and flatten. Top with a slice of pepperoni and a cube of mozzarella cheese and seal well. Very lightly brush pizza ball with butter mixture. I did this after I had made all the pizza dough balls because buttery hands = not being able to seal dough well. Put the dough balls in the bundt pan. Top them with the remaining butter mixture.

3. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 35 minutes until the top is very brown. Turn onto a platter and served with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.

Adapted From: Confections of a Foodie Bride

Labels:

6 Comments:

At July 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Rachel @ Baked by Rachel said...

Yes please!! This sounds fantastic especially with the additional seasoning :)

 
At July 18, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

What a great idea, this looks so delicious!! :)

 
At July 18, 2011 at 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks amazing and I'm thrilled that you are in the kitchen with your niece....

 
At July 19, 2011 at 4:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute idea, thanks for sharing.
Karen

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Mmm, so many yummy bites of pizza to enjoy with this one.

 
At November 12, 2011 at 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look fab!! I need to have some,and now!!! Off to get pizza dough!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home