Sunday, July 17, 2011

S'mores Bars

What a day yesterday was! Among many other activities I successfully used a whole pound of butter. Don't worry my arteries won't be too clogged as I gave a lot of food away. My niece stayed with us on Friday. I was more than happy to have her for the night because we haven't had much "girl" time lately. Friday night we spent at the Relay for Life event in our county. We raised about $65,000 at our event, which we are very proud of! We woke up on Saturday morning and were off to a baby shower for the hubby's cousin. After that we went and picked up my mom's kitty for the weekend. It's mom abandoned it and my mom has been feeding it. I volunteered to take care of it for the weekend while they went out of town (I had a weak moment as I am not a cat lover!). Then we were back at home and the baking and cooking madness started. We started off by making Salted Nut Roll Bars and Spasanga to take out to my friend aka the crazy lady in the grocery store who just had a baby last week. Her hubby's fave candy bar is Salted Nut Roll Bars and I had already teased her about Spasanga so I figure it was fitting to treat them to this! We finished up the kitchen duties with S'mores bars. My niece picked out this recipe I had been waiting to try and it was a hit. We made up a plate of both bars to bring to her parents and her mom texted me that I was her fave sister-in-law as she had been craving the Salted Nut Roll bars since I previously posted them. I politely reminded her that I was her only sister-in-law so I better be her fave! I have been seeing various S'mores bars floating around the blog world and finally tried them. They are delicious and if you are craving a S'more in the middle of the winter (I'm a bit ahead of myself here but still...) this would be a perfect treat! My hubby even said they were pretty dang good and he doesn't even like S'mores. I did half peanut butter chips on one side and the other side of the pan chocolate chips. Both got great reviews! Enjoy!


S'mores Bars

Ingredients
2 c. flour
2. c graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1 c. butter, room temperature
1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 c. marshmallow topping
2 c. chocolate chips



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 in pan with non stick spray. 

2. In a bowl whisk together, flour, graham cracker crumbs and baking powder. In a separate bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs. On slow, beat in flour mixture, adding up a little at a time. 

3. Divide dough in half and spread into the pan. Top with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Scatter remaining dough on top. There will be marshmallow and chocolate chips peaking out but that is ok! 

4. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Take out and cool. They cut easier if they are refrigerated for a little while!

Adapted from: Recipe Boy

Labels:

7 Comments:

At July 17, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Anonymous Maggie @MaggieCooks said...

I hadnt seen this s'mores bars before! So creative and delicious! :)

 
At July 17, 2011 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Vicki Wilde said...

These bars look so delicious! Love all that marshmallow oozing out :) Great job on raising all that money, what a great cause.

 
At July 17, 2011 at 6:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look great! I like that you make them as a bar cookie - easier and feeds a group well! I'm glad you enjoyed your girl time!

 
At July 18, 2011 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Amber said...

These look great! I've tried a similar s'mores bar recipe and I've always liked them.

 
At July 19, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Anonymous carolinaheartstrings said...

Those look fantastic. Cannot wait to give this recipe a try. Come over and visit us. We have a great grilled fruit recipe.

 
At July 20, 2011 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

One of these days I've definitely got to make those.

 
At December 7, 2011 at 2:42 AM , Blogger jiaxin said...

Oh,I love this!!
junior bridesmaid dresses
two wedding dresses in one

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home