Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Parmesan Orzo

Is it Friday yet? Better yet I'm going to ask is it Saturday yet this week. I think this is my last crazy busy week I have on the calendar and I'm so looking forward to it being over. We have Relay for Life this weekend, I have to close out a Scentsy party, play softball, and of course entertain you, which is obviously the most important thing on my agenda. Oh and then I'll squeeze going to work in there also since that does pay the bills. I'm asking if it's Saturday this week because Relay for Life on Saturday night will make for a crazy, busy  and late Friday. I can't imagine life with kids quite frankly. When we hit that point I've decided that something has got to go because I will go crazy and you will all have to come visit me in the loony bin. I promise it won't be that blog and you'll continue to get the attention you all deserve! The recipe I'm sharing tonight is a quick and easy side dish that is yummy. I saw Orzo Recipes all over the blog world. Yes there is a blog world out there. If you aren't familiar with it I'm telling you it's an amazing place. Tons of cooking blogs and all kinds of delicous recipes flying around. I picked this one because it seemed simple and had ingredients I knew we would like in it. I went to the store to buy my Orzo and I couldn't find any. I had no idea what I was looking for. Was it in the bean aisle? Was it in the rice aisle? Was it in the pasta aisle? I think I finally came home and looked it up on Google. Honeslty I often wonder how the world survived without Google. I learned that it was in the pasta aisle and went off to our local grocery store and found it. After that mission was accomplished, I'm telling you this seriously was the hardest part of the recipe, I was on my way to making my first successful Orzo! The hubby said multiple times tonight, Oh wow is this good. Best part about it was it was super easy. I'm always looking for simple side dishes and I know this one is soon to be a regular in our house. Enjoy!


Parmesan Orzo
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 c. Orzo
1 Tbsp butter
1 can chicken broth
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese

1. In small saucepan combine the orzo and butter. Melt butter and stir regularly. Lightly toast the Orzo.

2. Pour the can of broth and the garlic in the orzo mixture. Heat over low heat, stirring regularly until all the broth is absorbed. Make sure not to turn it up to high or the broth will be absorbed before the orzo is done.

3. Stir in cheese until melted.

Adapted from: Stephanie Cooks

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 7, 2011 at 2:36 AM , Blogger jiaxin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 7, 2011 at 2:40 AM , Blogger jiaxin said...

I never see this kind of food before. It looks not very well!
junior bridesmaid dresses
two wedding dresses in one

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home