Sunday, July 10, 2011

Long Boy Cheeseburgers

This supper was devoured downstairs tonight. I love my basement, but no I don't love it so much I choose to eat my supper there. This weekend has been horribly hot and humid and I couldn't believe it hadn't stormed. That all changed tonight. I had talked to my dad earlier in the day and he said he thought it would storm around 7:30 tonight so my goal was to have supper done and cleaned up by that time before it stormed so the electricity didn't go off or something. I almost made it. We were sitting down and scooping up our plates as we heard the tornado siren go off. Off to the basement we went with our plates. The sky looked super nasty. I love a good storm. Especially as rain is falling as I'm falling asleep, but I can do without the hail. The hubby looked at me as the clouds were coming in and says wouldn't that be it. Our trucks get hailed on weeks before our garage is built. Yup pretty much our luck. Although this time we didn't have that luck thank goodness. Oh and about that garage...its a work in progress! We had our concrete poured at the end of the week and started landscaping the sides and back of the cement pad. We have to build a retaining wall since our lot slopes about 5 feet from the front of the garage to the back. The retained wall isn't done but we definitely made a dent in it and I sweated right along with the hubby on Saturday. It was disgusting! Ok enough of my weekend and on to this recipe. It's a simple recipe that is mostly jazzed up meatloaf. The hubby said it was a keeper and went back for seconds. Enjoy!



Long Boy Cheeseburgers
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
3 sub rolls, 6'' long, split in half horizontally
1 lb lean ground beef
2/3 c. French Fried Onions
3/4 c. Panko Bread Crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1/4 c. milk
3 Tbsp Ketchup
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Topping
3 Tbsp Ketchup
1 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded



1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place sub rolls, cut side up, on a wire rack set on top of a sheet pan. Bake until golden and crisp about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.

2. Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. I used my hands! Then combine all ketchup and mustard for the topping. Top the toasted rolls with meat mixture. cover the bread completely so it doesn't burn. Brush meat with topping mixture. Bake 20-15 minutes or until the meat is at 160 degrees.

3. Remove from oven and top with cheese. Put back in oven 3-4 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted.

Adapted from: Our Blissfully Delicous Life

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 11, 2011 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

This looks soooooooo good! I'm going to make this soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home