Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Skillet Lasagna

The words definitely are not coming to me tonight. Sometimes I can sit down and I have so much to tell you, but tonight is definitely not one of those nights. It could be because work has fried my brain this week. We had an amazing lightening storm on Sunday night. It was the most ridiculous lightening I have ever saw. It reminded me of dud fireworks. You know those ones that have a bright flash and then a loud boom. It was just like that only about five times as loud. A few times it even shook the house. I could feel the walls vibrate. It was wicked. I said this several times throughout the night followed by this. "Oh hubby this is going to make for a fun day at work tomorrow." I work at a telecommunications company and I'm the Service Coordinator, so when things go wrong I'm the person they go to. Along with several other people! Let's just say I put in a thirteen hour day on Monday if that tells you how crazy it was. I keep on thinking the next day will be better but so far it hasn't been so I'm praying for a good day tomorrow. This lightening was so bad that one of our customers told us the lightening hit his house somewhere and blew out his tv, computer, blew his phone jack cover right off the wall and screwed up the computers on his brand new SUV. Now that is nuts! As much as you love hearing about my lightening stories I bet you want to hear about this recipe that I'm going to share with you. The hubby loves lasagna but I hate the time it takes to prepare it. This one cuts down on time and makes it super simple but still yummy. Plus you don't even have to turn on the oven in this heat! Trust me you'll enjoy it!


Skillet Lasagna
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
2/3 c. condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/4 c. 1% cottage cheese
1 tsp Italian seasoning
9 no-cook lasagna noodles
1/2 c. shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

1. In a skillet, brown beef and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and spaghetti sauce, heat through. Transfer to large bowl.

2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, eggs, cottage cheese and Italian seasoning.

3. Return 1 cup meat sauce to the skillet; spread evenly. Layer with 1 c. cottage cheese mixture, 1 1/2 cups meat sauce and half of the noodles, breaking to fit. Repeat layers of cottage cheese mixture, meat sauce and noodles. Top with remaining meat sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-17 minutes. Cook another 10 minutes with lid off to let the sauce thicken.

4. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with shredded cheeses. Let stand for 5 minutes to let it thicken.

Adapted from: Taste of Home

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 20, 2011 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

What a great way to make lasagna. Very creative and looks delicious.

 
At July 21, 2011 at 5:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - in a skillet?! Cool...I have never heard of onion soup in lasagna! Good luck with work after the weird lightening!

 
At August 31, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm SO glad I saved this in my inbox for later reading. It's bookmarked and ready to be made. It looks absolutely fantastic. I love the fact that I don't have to use the oven or take the time putting the layers together. That's the kind of thing that's made me shy away from lasagna. Thanks for passing this along.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home