Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Golden Oreo Blondies

I’m a sucker for a good Blondie. I love how they are soft and chewy and so yummy. Therefore I’m always on the lookout for a Blondie recipe. One night when we were sitting on the couch the hubby looks over and says you know you should really find a recipe that includes Golden Oreo cookies as he’s munching away on them. I thought it was a brilliant idea so off I went on a search. I also made him quit eating the Oreo’s so I had enough to make something with them. He was not happy as he complained they were staying at him every time he opened the closet! I found this recipe plus a few others, but this in the first one I tried and it sure didn’t let me down. How could it though? I mean I love Blondies and if you mix in Golden Oreo’s it’s has to be good. Now onto the Golden Oreo’s. This was an amazing invention. I personally can’t have chocolate as I’ve told you and when they came out I fell head over heels for them. If you haven’t tried them I insist that you must go out and buy them since you need to for this recipe anyways and there will be leftovers for you to taste test. This recipe was a huge hit with the hubby. His little brother stopped by when they were done and I offered one to him and before I could turn around he was digging in the pan for another one. I was happy he stopped over because I had to redeem myself from the last bars that he had at my house. Let’s just say they were a major flop! Don’t worry…he said these knocked their socks off. Not that it really would have taken a lot! Enjoy!



Golden Oreo Blondies
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
2/3 c. butterscotch chips
1/2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c. flour
13 Golden Oreos, coarsely crushed

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Melt morsels and butter over low heat until completely melted. Remove from heat and cool, stirring every few minutes.

3. Beat sugar and egg until well combined. Add the melted mixture. Mix in flour and vanilla extract. Stir in Oreos.

4. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake 30 minutes.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At July 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Your new font is easier to read. I like it!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I made them and baked them even longer than 30 minutes and they weren't done? Hope I didn't do something wrong . . .

 
At July 21, 2011 at 8:42 PM , Blogger DANIELLE said...

I MADE THEM AND THEY WERE REALLLLLLLLLY SWEET. DID U FIND THAT??? THANKS SO MUCH!!!

 
At July 22, 2011 at 5:35 AM , Blogger Julie said...

@Danielle - I would cut back on the sugar a 1/2 c. or 1 c. if you find them to sweet...depends on how "to" sweet you thought they were! They aren't for someone who doesn't have a sweet tooth :)

 
At July 22, 2011 at 6:54 AM , Blogger DANIELLE said...

THANKS JULIE!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home