Friday, October 12, 2012

Candy Corn M&M Cookies

I've been meaning to make these cookies for over week now and I finally got around to doing it. I had all the ingredients and everything, but life just got in the way.

I made them for my co-worker who informed me the other day that my baking and sharing of treats has been slacking since I had Miss K. I decided it was due time that I shared some treats! We just can't have people making remarks like that can we?

Of course I decided to finally make them possibly on the worst night ever.

It was the night of Miss K's 4 month check up and shots at the doctor. I'm proud to report she is in the 90th percentile for height and weight. Healthy. Robust. Lovable.

Well, mostly lovable. That night went like this -

Get home from the doctor and she's sounds asleep after crying herself to sleep after 4 shots in the the leg. Ouch. It almost did mommy in. It's terrible watching that as any mother can relate. I keep trying to get the hubby to go the doctor appointment and he just won't agree too. Imagine that!

Hurry to make supper. Miss K wakes up. Content laying on floor playing with toys so I get an extra ounce of energy and decide to make cookies. Half way through the cookie making process Miss K starts throwing a fit. Feed Miss K. My supper is done. Inhale supper. Back to making cookies. Miss K is anything but content on that floor. Strap her into her carrying facing out so I can continue to mix the dough up. She's happy. My back hurts. Flip the bowl with the butter into the cookie dough. Luckily it was plastic. Clean up mess. Try laying Miss K back on the floor. She throws a fit. Back into mom's arms she goes. Finally done making cookie dough and start to bake. Forget cookies. Burn cookies. Save a few.

All while the hubby was off sheet rocking at my brother's house. End of story.

I once remember my friend telling me that she tried making cookies while she was home on maternity leave and it took her the majority of the day. I can now relate. Bars. I'm making bars from now on!

Moral of the story? These were dang good cookies, but don't try to do it with a cranky baby that just got shots!

Remember to hurry up and enter the 2 Year Blog Anniversary Giveaway!!!

P.S. I really do love my child to no end don't go getting all judgey on me :)



Candy Corn M&M Cookies
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. white chocolate candy corn M&M's

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg. Add vanilla and mix. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in M&M's.

4. Chill dough for 1 hour in refrigerator.

5. Drop dough onto cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes and then remove to cooking rack.

Recipe adapted from: Chocolate Moosey


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Carla said...

Glad to see you enjoyed the cookies! I debated on chilling my dough because I didn't know what to expect. Might have to take your lead next time!

 
At October 13, 2012 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Veronica Miller said...

I snagged some of those m&m's and was surprised that I liked them! I really detest candy corn but in white chocolate m&m form..I dig it. Go figure.

My heart goes out to you in your quest to make cookies with a cranky baby! No judging at all, I totally get it and I don't even have kids. Have you thought about getting one of those baby carriers where you can strap the baby to your front? At least on the days when she insists on being held, you could get other things done.

Anyway, your cookies sound great! Congrats on getting them finished! You deserve a medal!

 
At October 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

I am way impressed that you made these awesome looking cookies with a 4 month old. I remember when mine were that young...I didn't do much of anything else:-) I need to find more of those M&M's now!!!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Tobins' Tastes said...

I can't decide if I would like Candy Corn M&M's or hate them. Love candy corn, love M&M's but the combo scares me a little bit : ) Those cookies do look delicious though!


Thanks for sharing at Mealtime Monday!

Kaylee
www.couponingncooking.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home