Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Apple Brickle Dip

Well it looks like fall is rolling in here in Minnesota. I enjoy the crisp mornings and hoodie sweatshirt weather, but I also fear what is looming ahead. Good 'ol winter. Boy do I hate that season, and of course it lasts the longest. Just my luck right?

This morning I had to dig into my totes and find a sweater to wear to work today. I even have my little space heater running under my desk. Brrrr.... I peaked at the 10 day forecast and they promise that next week holds 70 degree weather again. I'll pray to the Lord above they are correct!

Along with fall comes those lovely colds. I've been battling one for a few days now. They suck. No way around it. It seems like no cold medicine helps it either. I think they are just stealing our money as we hope and dream of our symptoms leaving us!

This yummy dip that I'm sharing with you comes together quickly and it's a true fall treat. I could almost eat it with a spoon. Run to the grocery store and grab some of those yummy apples filling the aisles this time of year and make this dip to accompany them!




Apple Brickle Dip
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (8 oz) package toffee baking bits
8 Granny Smith Apples, cored and sliced

1. Beat together cream cheese, sugars and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.

2. Stir in toffee bits.

*I dipped my apples in a lemon lime soda to try and prevent them from browning. They didn't brown as fast, but they will brown a little after a while if you try this.

Recipe From: Allrecipes.com


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 

Labels:

5 Comments:

At September 26, 2012 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

You had me at brickle. YUM! I wish it was sweater weather here...

 
At September 28, 2012 at 6:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD. I loooooove toffee bits. I am SO totally making this! Thanks for sharing at Weekend Potluck!
Hugs, Tonya from 4 little Fergusons

 
At September 28, 2012 at 6:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Pretty please link back to the party so we can have a chance to feature, pin and promote you! :)

 
At October 1, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Love this dip! I've been making it without the brickle chips 'cause I didn't know about them.
About your colds...try Vitamin D. I've been taking it daily for several months and everyone in my house has some type of virus, but I don't! Vitamin D is good for calcium absorbtion and boosting the immune system. Maybe it wil work for you!

 
At October 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Rebekah said...

YUM! I ♥ toffee and apples - I must make this soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home