Monday, September 24, 2012

Meatball Sub Casserole

This is a hearty, yummy casserole perfect for those cool, crisp days that seem to be here to stay.

I found this recipe over at The Country Cook. If you haven't checked out her blog please go over and do that. Brandie is a wonderful gal that speaks straight to my stomach (and thighs, and hips and...). If you like my recipes you are definitely going to like hers. We are from the same "mold" I do believe!

I knew when I saw this I had to try it. It comes together so fast and easy. I used pre-made meatballs, toasted the bread a little so it would stay firm. I did wonder when I was making this if I was going to end up with a soggy mess. This is also what my mom asked when I told her about this! I'm proud to report that it doesn't turn into a soggy mess!

For all you farmer's wives out there this would be a PERFECT casserole to bring out to the meal and would have the guys coming back for seconds. I know if you are anything like us you are always on the look out for new meals to bring out! 




Meatball Sub Casserole
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 loaf french bread, cut into 1 in thick slices, toasted
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp pepper
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 lb package fully cooked frozen meatballs, thawed
1 (28 oz) jar pasta sauce

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased 9x13 baking dish. Fill in gaps with smaller chunks of bread.

3. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings. Spread mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese.

4. Gently mix together spaghetti sauce and meatballs. Spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

5. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.

Recipe from: The Country Cook


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit! 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home