Monday, September 17, 2012

Cheerios Trail Mix

Wow another month has flew by and it's time for the Secret Recipe club reveal again!

This month I was assigned the blog Mother Thyme. She has a tons of fun and new recipes on there. I choose the Cheerios Trail Mix. I saw it and I knew my dad was going to love this mix. He like any kind of nut and dried craisins.

I have to say this is the first time I've ever used agave nectar. If you haven't used it it's found in the baking aisle by the sugar.

It's a super simple trail mix that welcomes in fall!


Cheerios Trail Mix
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredient
2 c. Cheerios
1/4 c. agave nectar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c. dried cranberries
1/4 c. chopped or whole walnuts or almonds
1/3 c. white chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix Cheerios with agave nectar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add cranberries and nuts. Spread out on a non sticking baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cooled toss with white chocolate chips.

*My mix was still sticky so I think I would bake it at 250 degrees for 1 hour stirring everyone 15 minutes.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At September 17, 2012 at 9:37 AM , Anonymous Our Eating Habits said...

A great treat for the kiddies! I will have to remember this one!

 
At September 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I love snacks like this that are a great mix of flavors. Great SRC pick! :)

 
At September 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM , Blogger 365daysofbaking said...

Oh, Julie, GREAT snack! Always looking to do something with Cheerios!

 
At September 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Jessica@AKitchenAddiction said...

This is a great snack! I love the flavors!

 
At September 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Jennifer {Mother Thyme} said...

So glad you choose this recipe! It's so funny I just whipped some of this up myself. Its great to have on hand to snack on. Thanks for sharing! :)

 
At September 17, 2012 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks delicious!! Love the addition of white chocolate chips. :) Awesome pick for SRC!

 
At September 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Yum. I love trail mix. Yours looks wonderful! Love the cranberries in there!

 
At September 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Chelsy Ethridge said...

Love that you used agave as the binder! Sounds delish!

 
At September 17, 2012 at 7:29 PM , Anonymous Manu said...

This looks so yummy! I have never used agave either! I will have to try it!
I LOVED your white chocolate macadamia cookies! I need to make another batch as my family keeps asking for more! Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

 
At September 17, 2012 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Veronica Miller said...

What a fun & simple recipe-a great snack to have on hand!

 
At September 18, 2012 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Teri said...

I love to make my own mix. This looks wonderful, and I am looking forward to trying it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home