Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Apple Struesel Bread

Things that get better with time. Gotta love them don't you?

Take me for example. I'm a firm believer that I'm getting better with time and age. Oh sure when I was graduating high school I thought I had it ALL figured out, like most kids. Yes I say kid because that is exactly what I was. Trying to make all these huge life decisions and thinking that everything was going to work our magically.

You know what? It all did. There's nothing I would change.

Did it work out how I had expected it to at that time? Heck no! Far from it. It worked out even better. I'm blessed and truly happy, but at that point in my life I was dreaming of far different things.

What was my dream? I'll share it with ya! I was going to go to school for a bachelor's degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management, mission accomplished on that one. I have the piece of paper to prove it! Then I was going to go off to some huge city, preferably New York City (of course!), and be a big wig CEO. Along with this dream was a amazing hubby (mission accomplished on this too details to follow), matching BMW's (black preferably), high powered CEO of a major hotel, pencil skirts, suits, etc. Nice Huh?

My reality as it is now - Married to an amazing hubby, one beautiful and precious daughter, living in rural Minnesota (my hometown), driving a truck (Gasp!), working at a telecommunications company as a Service Coordinator, wearing sweats as often as possible (possibly decorated with spit up more often than not) etc. For the record I did live in a city for a few months, I hated it, I did manage a hotel for a few years, I disliked it, but I was good at it and sometimes I miss it.

You know what? I'm happy. I've aged, I've grown, and I've gotten better. I have everything I want, sure I wish for things, but I have what I need. I love living by family (most of the time, love you guys!), knowing the majority of the people I encounter on a daily basis and living in my little community. Things change, people grow and age.

This apple bread is way better the day after you make it! My hubby even commented after he had a piece after it cooled that it was way better. If he notices it must be true!


Apple Struesel Bread
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla
2 c. apple, peeled and diced
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Topping
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp flour
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Beat butter, sugar and eggs until creamy. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla.

2. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt.

3. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture until just moistened. Mix in apples until combined.

4. In small food processor add topping ingredients and pulse until crumbly.

5. Spread half of apple batter into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle half of struesel topping over batter. Repeat layers for 2nd half of batter and ending with the rest of the topping.

6. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing. Remember better with age!

Recipe from:  Semi Homemade Mom


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Gloria Baker said...

I love this apple strudel bread look awesome I wanna make soon. Bookmarked!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home