Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Golden Oreo Dream Salad

Being a mom comes with a whole lot of duties. I found out a new one on Saturday when I was making this. My new one is hiding downstairs with my blender while Miss K sleeps on the floor upstairs. I have quickly learned that you will do ANYTHING not to disrupt a sleeping baby. Anyone else been there before?

Even though I may have blended my Oreos in a laundry room this still turned out AH-MAZ-ING! Plus how do I call myself a "food blogger" and I don't even own a food processor? I really think I need to invest in one of those....

What's with calling a calorie laden delectable dish a salad anyways? Is it our way of making us feel less guilty about the indulgence? Hey if it works I'm all for that!

This fabulous little "Salad" will be the star of your dinner so go out there and make it now!!

Golden Oreo Dream Salad
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 Package Oreos, crushed
8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
3 c. milk
2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
1/2 tsp vanilla
12 oz Cool Whip, thawed

1. Cream together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla.

2. In a separate LARGE bowl mix milk and vanilla pudding. Chill until set. Fold in Cool Whip. Add cream cheese mixture.

3. Layer pudding mixture then Oreos, alternating until done. Chill until ready to serve.


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM , Anonymous Lesa @Edesias Notebook said...

Yeah, "salad" doesn't seem to do this deliciousness justice. I would call it a parfait or trifle. Either way, looks yummy!

 
At September 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Shelley said...

I don't use a food processor either when I make this.... There always seems to be a hammer around this place and that always does the trick :)

 
At September 19, 2012 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Rasmussen Family said...

Golden oreos are my secret obsession. How do they taste so good? i love that you included them in the recipe instead of chocolate. A great alternative to the regular oreo dishes! Thanks for the inspiration

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home