Monday, August 20, 2012

Funfetti Cake Batter Dip

Wow another month has went by and it's time for Secret Recipe Club reveal day once again!

I love checking out the blog I'm assigned every month. It's like Christmas when I get my email with my assignment in it. I get to open it and then go on my merry way and try a fantabulous new recipe!

This month I was assigned The Boys Made Me Do It. Cara has sa super cute blog over there and highly recommend you check it out. The background of her blog made me smile. It just looks so happy! I went browsing through her recipes and came across Funfetti Cake Batter Dip. I've seen this floating around in blogland and on Pinterest and decided it was high time I tried it.

I ended up making it the day of our nephew's 1st birthday party so I brought it to share. It was a hit that's for sure! My sister-in-law compared it to "Dunkaroos". Do you remember those little packages of yuminess? They used to be one of my favorite treats! I also had a couple people ask if it was on my blog. I assured them it would be soon!

If you are looking for an easy treat this is it! My hubby just got his nighttime snack and it was this. Guess he didn't get enough the first two times he ate it today!


Funfetti Cake Batter Dip
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
3 Tbsp Funfetti cake mix
2 Tbsp plain yogurt
1 Tbsp cool whip


1. Stir cake mix and yogurt until smooth.

2. Fold in cool whip.

3. Refrigerate until serving.

4. Serve with fruit, vanilla wafers or animal crackers.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At August 20, 2012 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Kathy Walker said...

Unusual dip...I don't usually think of dips on the sweet side...this would be great with cubes of angel food cake or bananas! Excellent SRC selection.

 
At August 20, 2012 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely one of my favorites!!!! Great choice!!

 
At August 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Our Eating Habits said...

I think of Dunkaroos everytime I see this! Looks yummy, one of these days I will have to get around to making it myself!

 
At August 20, 2012 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Chelsy Ethridge said...

You had me at Funfetti!

 
At August 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I'm pretty sure I could eat this with a spoon! My daycare kids will love this as a treat! Great choice this month!

 
At August 20, 2012 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

Yummy! I love funfetti and this dip looks amazing!

 
At August 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM , Anonymous Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos said...

Such a fun recipe!!

 
At August 20, 2012 at 10:24 AM , Anonymous Rachel @ The Avid Appetite said...

I never thought of making cake batter dip with yogurt! Genius!!

 
At August 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Rhonda said...

How fun is this! Great for the sweet tooth lovers. I had your blog this month, thanks for such great recipes. Can't wait to try more of them!

 
At August 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Alrighty! Friday night's treat is now sorted!

Glad to be in 'C' with you. I'd love if you came and shared Wednesday night at my Pin'inspiration Party C:

 
At August 20, 2012 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Erin said...

That sounds so good! Interesting ingredients. =o) I can't wait to try it!!!

 
At August 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM , Anonymous Christine @ Christine's Kitchen Chronicles said...

Funfetti was my favorite cake flavor growing up. There was just something so...well...FUN! about the flecks of color in the cake :)

 
At August 20, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Debra Eliotseats said...

So many possibilities with this recipe. A genius thought of this dip.

 
At August 20, 2012 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Oh so fun-fetti, what a fabu idea for a dip.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group "A" SRC entry: Chicken Satay Noodle Salad.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

 
At August 21, 2012 at 4:15 AM , Blogger Teri said...

What a great recipe and a yummy snack! Can't wait to try this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home