Monday, February 13, 2012

Sweet 'n' Sour Meatballs

I've been craving these guys since my Aunt Pam made them for our Christmas. I kept bugging my mom to get the recipe and low and behold I found out it came from one of my favorite church cookbooks and I had it the whole time!

They are absolutely amazing. I think I'm in love. I don't know how to put it any other way.

This recipes makes quite a few so make sure you have a crowd around, but if you don't no worries, they are delicious at leftovers too. We definitely didn't have any trouble polishing these off! I made about 24 meatballs with the recipe but if you wanted you could make them littler and get more meatballs. They can either be used for an appetizer or a main dish!




Sweet 'n' Sour Meatballs
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

Meatballs
13 oz evaporated milk
3 lb ground beef
2 c. oatmeal
1 c. chopped onions
2 eggs
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp chili powder

Sauce
3 c. ketchup
2 1/4 c. brown sugar
1 c. chopped onion
3 Tbsp liquid smoke
1 tsp garlic powder

1. Mix all ingredients for meatballs together. Form meatballs and place in 2-9x13 inch glass baking dish.

2. Mix sauce and pour over the meatballs.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.



Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At February 13, 2012 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

That taste sounds fantastic.

 
At February 13, 2012 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Sunshine - www.cancersurvivor26.blogger.com said...

I am definitely going to make these.

www.cancerinthecity.com

 
At February 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Gale Wall said...

Yum. Meatballs. So many variations out there. Glad to see a savory post since I'm not that big on sweets. Looks like I am number 100 on your followers list!

 
At February 26, 2012 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Annie Oakley's Kitchen said...

I bet this could be made in a slow cooker too! They would be great to take to a pot luck or picnic!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch said...

I love meatball's and these look delicious! I found your site through the country cook link up party and I look forward to looking around and reading more! Have a wonderful week!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home