Monday, August 8, 2011

Chicken Alfredo Bubble Up

The hubby is a big fan of a local pizza joints chicken Alfredo pizza. I on the other hand am not a big fan of it. I am a fan of the concept but I think it needs something extra like a little bit more seasoning. It's just a bit blah. When I saw this recipe I went ohhhh ya the hubby is going to like this and woohoo I can adjust the seasonings to my liking. Hey this might just work! So I put it on the menu plan for the week soon after that. I'm proud to say it was a big hit.

Not only was it a big hit but it's super easy to make. It uses premade biscuits and all you had to do is cook some chicken and throw it together with a few seasonings, biscuits and a jar of Alfredo sauce. The kids will love it and I'm positive the hubby will too. There are many "bubble up" recipes out there and I am going to continue trying them after this hit.

My biggest tip on this recipe is make sure the biscuits are done in the middle. I set the timer for 25 minutes and just as I stuck it in the oven I hear a panicked "Julie!!!" from outside. The hubby was in a panic as his cell phone had just completely died on a Friday night. I quick grabbed an old one and ran up town to get it switched over (I think I deserve BIG wonderful wife points!). I left him with strict instructions to take out the supper in 25 minutes. Well, he succeeded but he didn't make sure it was completely done in the middle. It might have needed a few more minutes but it was still great! Enjoy!


Chicken Alfredo Bubble Up
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
2 cans Grands Biscuits
1 lb jar Alfredo Sauce
2 c. Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 lb chicken, cubed & cooked

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces and place in bowl. Toss biscuits with Alfredo sauce, garlic powder, garlic salt & Italian Seasoning.

3. Add chicken and half of cheese. Toss until well blended.

4. Spray a 9 in x 13 in pan with cooking spray. Pour biscuit mixture into the pan and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 - 35 minutes or until biscuits are done. Make sure the middle is done!

Adapted from: Plain Chicken

Labels:

7 Comments:

At August 8, 2011 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Plain Chicken said...

Looks great!! So glad you liked it. Now I want this for dinner..........

 
At August 9, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Rebecca @ A Dash of Thyme said...

Yum!!!

 
At August 9, 2011 at 6:39 PM , Blogger UncleMatchu said...

Mmmmm...Delicious! Just made this tonight and it was great. I think I might try it with red sauce, next time, and maybe put pepperoni in it.

 
At August 15, 2011 at 3:39 PM , Anonymous Ashley Christianson said...

This recipe was delicious!

 
At August 31, 2011 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, YUM! I make something very similar only with spaghetti sauce & pizza ingredients. It's great too!

 
At February 29, 2012 at 8:41 AM , Blogger kelsey said...

Made this last night and it was great!

 
At March 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was amazing! I added spinach and artichoke hearts to it as well and it rocked!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home