Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cherry Crunch Pie

This is originally my recipe except my mom stole it, well she borrowed it, well maybe I just shared it with her. I happened upon this recipe while in college. I'm not sure in what cooking class I made it in but it became a fast favorite of mine. At least I got one thing out of my $40,000+ education that I'm not really using except in my blog! That's right I have a Bachelor's in Hotel/Restaurant Management and I'm a successful Service Coordinator for a telecommunications company. Funny how that happens isn't it? Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but my education is rather useless at this moment in time. I did use it for about 4 years after college, but after that I moved to a smaller town and there's not much calling for it. I did learn lots of fun cooking tips and things like that which I use in everyday life. And you lucky people get to read about!

This is a super easy recipe and totally yummy, but unfortunately the hubby is not a fan of cherries so I don't have the opportunity to enjoy it very often. Remember how I told you he was going to be gone for a while during the week for work? Well, I may have used this to my advantage. No no no I'm not telling you I made it and invited my parents over, although that would have been a fantastic thing for a wonderful daughter like me to do. Actually my mom invited me over and told me I could pick whatever I wanted. This was definitely one of my top priorities. Along with several other dishes I will be sharing with you. My hubby frequently tells me I am spoiled by my parents. Now that I share this information with you I'm sure you might agree with him. Well the truth is I might be spoiled but I prefer to say I'm just loved!

This dessert is the best when it is served while still warm and fresh out of the oven. Well let it cool a little bit or that ice cream that you top it with will melt! Enjoy!


Cherry Crunch Pie
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. flour
1 c. oatmeal
1 can cherry pie filling

1. Mix first four ingredients together.

2. Use 1/2 of mixture as a pie crust, pack firm in a pie plate.

3. Add cherries on top of crust.

4. Sprinkle other 1/2 of mix on top.

5. Bake 30 minutes or until brown on top at 350 degrees.



Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 3, 2011 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

such an easy recipe!

Amanda

 
At August 4, 2011 at 4:13 AM , Blogger Savannah McQueen said...

We need to get together and enjoy one of these. My husband doesn't eat cherries, either.

 
At August 7, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Krista said...

OMGosh, I love cherry pie, but not the time involved! I can't wait to make this! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper!

Everyday Mom's Meals

 
At August 8, 2011 at 6:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow this looks awesome. Can't wait to make this.
Karen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home