Sunday, June 26, 2011

Frosted Banana Bars

I think my hubby has been asking for these for about two months now. After church about a month ago they served them so I rationalized the fact that he had them and that held him over for a bit but he kept asking for me to make these. I kept telling him I would but I kept eating the bananas and never had any left at the end of the week to make them. I got an extra large bunch of bananas at the grocery store last week and had three just perfectly ripe bananas waiting for me yesterday so I could make these bars. I teased him for the last few days telling him that I would make these and he kept asking when Julie when. Today was the day and they are sooo good. I could go grab a fork and just start at one end of the pan and keep going, but oh that just doesn't sound like a smart thing to do. I think I've been pushing off making these too because they seem more like a winter food to me for some reason, but they still taste good in the summer too I found out. We had a little bon fire last night and invited my parents over for some s'mores. Oh how I love a good s'more. I put a little peanut butter on my instead of chocolate since I can't have it and it gets oh so gooey and yummy. Anyways totally off subject, but I also brought these bars out because my hubby isn't a 'mallow fan. My parents dug into them too and they went over great. So much for that thing in my head it's a winter recipe. They go over well anytime of the year! So if you have a few over ripe bananas laying around I highly recommend trying this recipe out. Enjoy!


Frosted Banana Bars
Printer Friendly Recipe
Ingredients
1/2 c. butter, softened
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
3 medium bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt

Frosting
1/4 c. butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 1/4 c. confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.

2. Beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla.

3. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.

4. Pour into greased 15 x 10 x 1 in baking pan.

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bars test done.

6. Cool.

7. For the frosting cream butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Beat well. If you want it thicker add a littler more confectioners' sugar. Spread over bars.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM , Blogger Concetta said...

Looks like my new favorite use for bananas!
<><
Concetta

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home