Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gooey Snickerdoodle Bars

Things are happening at the Evink household this week! The cement crew came and started getting ready to pour concrete for the garage yesterday, so I'm hoping maybe they'll have cement poured by this weekend. If they do, the hubby is threatening me with a the pile of landscape timbers piled in our backyard and a "bonding" experience trying to install those around the garage. We went to start leveling off the backyard for the garage and realized we have quite the slope as you get into the backyard. Typical right? Nothing can ever be simple around our house that's for sure. Do you guys feel the same way? I hope I'm not the only that encounters these problems. Well after 5 loads of gravel we thought we had the yard level and ready to go. Nope. It must have settled and when they came for concrete we got another load of gravel. I got home last night and the hubby looks at me and says errrrr that one load didn't do it we had to get another one! So 7 loads of gravel later and I think we'll have a level garage floor. Since the back of the garage is built up so far we now need a huge retaining wall. Nothing is ever simple! I am slightly excited because we have designed the landscaping so I'll have a little garden behind the garage and it's built so far up I might not even have to bend over to weed the garden. How amazing does that sound? Ah the simple things in life excite me sometimes! On to the recipe that I am going to share with you. This recipe is so yummy. I was a little doubtful by the name of it since I don't really care for Snickerdoodle cookies but I the ingredients sounded like such a wonderful combination that I could pass it up and I'm really glad I didn't. It's a different type of bar that you don't see every day which is nice also. I think they reminded me of cinnamon rolls and it's a tenth of the work. Who can pass that up? Don't be scared that there is a few different parts to the recipe. They come together fast and easy.  Enjoy!



Gooey Snickerdoodle Bars
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

Bars
2 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c. butter, room temperature
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar, slightly packed
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cinnamon Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp sugar

Glaze
1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
3 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla



1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

2. In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter for 30 seconds until light and fluffy. Mix in the sugars and continue creaming until light and fluffy. Scrape down the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla. Beat for 1-2 minutes. On a low speed slowly mix in the dry ingredients.

3. Spread half of the batter in the bottom of the pan. Combine the sugar and cinnamon for the cinnamon sugar and sprinkle over the batter.

4. Take a small spoon and drop the remaining batter evenly over the cinnamon sugar.

5. Bake for 25 minutes.

6. Let cool completely which is about an hour. Whisk together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla for the glaze. Drizzle over the bars. As the glaze soaks into the bars they become gooey!

Adapted from: Jewel Bakes

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 10, 2011 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Oh yum, those bars are so good looking with that glaze on top. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your bars up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

 
At August 24, 2011 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These look yummy! I think I will make up a batch this weekend! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
*come link them up to "Made it on Monday"!

www.larkscountryheart.com

 
At September 18, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Terri @ that's some good cookin' said...

Tried these. Love them! My grandson went nuts over them and just a couple of days ago walked around my kitchen on his tiptoes trying to peak in every nook and cranny looking for more. He didn't believe me when I told him that he had eaten the last one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home