Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Simple & Creamy Chicken Tortilla Casserole

I'm back and I may be suffering a long weekend "hangover"! It sure was hard to get back to work today. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I know we sure did. We went camping for the weekend. If you know me you also know that I'm not a "roughing" it type of girl. In fact when my husband, who at that time was my fiance, told he liked to camp I did a "oh no". My rules for camping were plain and simple. I will only camp if we have a camper. Luckily for the hubby his dad was looking to sell his and gave us a deal we couldn't pass up and I was off to my first camping trip ever. This is our second year of camping and I do have to say I enjoy it. My dad was also nice enough to lend us his boat this weekend so we spent the days on the lake. The summer hasn't been that great weather wise and mother nature pulled through for us this weekend. We were blessed with gorgeous weather. On Saturday we spent 10 hours on the lake. I hate to say this but we didn't get one bite on the fishing hook the whole time. Good thing we packed plenty of food and weren't depending on our mad fisherman skills to feed us! Each night we had a bon fire and I think the only reason I love bon fires is the fact that I get to roast marshmallows and make s'mores. I'm a sucker for a good s'more that's for sure. It was awesome to have a break from reality and not have to worry about having an agenda, but by the time Monday rolled around I was ready to come home and get back on schedule. It's amazing how that works isn't it? It's a good thing though. The only bad thing about camping is coming home and unpacking and cleaning that camper. Then you have your messy house to put back together, but it's worth it! This recipe is easy and comes together fast for a weeknight meal. I will warn you that the picture doesn't make it look delicious but didn't you learn not to judge a book by it's cover? Try it and you won't be disappointed. You can very the "spicy" level by using mild, medium, or hot salsa. Enjoy!


Simple & Creamy Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
4 c. cooked chicken, cubed
1 dozen corn tortillas
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c. salsa
1 c. sour cream
2 c. shredded cheddar/jack cheese


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a medium bowl combine the soups, salsa & sour cream. Add chicken and stir well.

3. In a 9x13 in greased casserole dish layer the tortillas, then the soup mixture then the cheese. Make 3-4 layers and end with the cheese on top.

4. Bake 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Adapted From: Simple Fair, Fairly Simple

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home