Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cashew Coleslaw Salad

Is this week over yet so we can have a long weekend? It's a whirlwind of a week around my house and I can't wait till it's over. I looked at the hubby last night and asked when did life get so busy? Something has got to go. He informed me his life isn't so busy he just works a lot. I can't say he doesn't. He's a carpenter and owns his own business along with his older brother and living in the great land of Minnesota you have to make the days count when you have good weather! It's so busy that I'm eating lunch and posting this over my noon hour because I knew you had to have this recipe in case you are looking for a great salad for the holiday weekend. Tonight we have a "cook-out" fundraiser for our Relay for Life team. Relay for Life is near and dear to our hearts. My hubby's mother passed away from cancer a few years ago and my grandpa passed away from cancer. We have a Relay for Life team every summer and I also serve on the county Relay for Life committee. If you would like to donated to our team please follow this link. I would appreciate any help that you give in the fight against cancer! On to the recipe that I am sharing with you. This is one of my favorites and also my wonderful mother's favorite. We were just talking about how we wait for special events so we can make this and eat it too. It's a little bit of a twist on just plain coleslaw and it adds a special crunch to it. I'm all about the crunch! This would make a perfect salad to bring to your 4th of July picnics this weekend! Enjoy!


Cashew Coleslaw Salad
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1/3 c. sugar
2 c. Miracle Whip
1/2 head cauliflower, cut up
1 bag coleslaw
1 c. cashews
Bacos

1. Mix sugar and Miracle Whip. Add coleslaw and cauliflower.

2. Right before serving add cashews and Bacos.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home