Monday, June 20, 2011

Strawberry Cake

Another Monday is over with and it's onto the rest of the week! I totally think Monday's are the worst day of the week by far. I suppose skipping them wouldn't do me much good because then I'd just hate Tuesdays. The recipe I'm sharing with you tonight was another Father's day dessert I made. This time it was for my family at supper. I have fallen in love with this cake. I could go over to the leftovers with my fork and eat the whole dang thing. It's dangerous. Good thing I've tucked it out of sight and am trying to avoid it. The cake is moist and the icing actually gets a little hard which I absolutely love. The strawberry flavor is so refreshing. I'm not saying I don't like the good 'ol white or chocolate cake but I'm always up for mixing things up a little. The recipe takes a regular old box cake and dresses it up a bit, but it's still super easy and doesn't take to much time. The result is a dessert that people will think you slaved all day over, but I won't tell them the truth if you don't! This is the perfect summertime treat when served with a scoop of ice cream of course. Enjoy!



Strawberry Cake
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 package white cake mix
1 package sugar-free strawberry jello
4 egg whites
1/3 c. canola oil
1 c. frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. butter, softened
2 1/3 c. confectioners' sugar



1. Grease & flour two 9 in. round pans. In a large bowl combine cake mix & gelatin. Add egg whites, & oil; beat until well blended.

2. In a small bowl or food processor, mash strawberries in their juice. Set aside 3 Tbsp for icing. Add water & remaining berries to batter and mix. Pour into pans.

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack and cool completely.

4. For icing combine butter and reserved strawberries in small bowl. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until light & fluffy (I added extra confectioners' sugar to make the icing a little thicker). Place on cake on serving platter. Top with half of the icing. Repeat layers.

Adapted from: Taste of Home

Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 21, 2011 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

i agree with you - mondays are terrible. the cake looks yummy too!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Ellen Zames said...

I love strawberry cake!! Look delicious.

Thank you for linking up to Sharing Sundays theme BERRIES!

Ellen

http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

 
At August 14, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Kim Bee said...

This looks so good. Yum yum!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home