Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Zucchini Bread

The hubby has been begging for this recipe for a good two months now. I finally remembered to look for zucchini at the grocery store and he was ecstatic when he walked in the door and there was fresh zucchini bread! This recipe comes from my Aunt Cheryl and it is moist, easy and tastes amazing. I remember making this for one of my cooking classes in college. We had to prepare a meal for 40 people during this class and it was my night to be "manager" which included coming up with a seven course meal and I included this for my bread. I had several classmates question me about "zucchini bread"??? I said don't knock it until you try it! After the meal was done and we were doing out taste testing and review my classmates single heartedly agreed that the recipe was all I had talked it up to be. Luckily this recipe turned out last night because I have been on a roll of things not going so great. For examps - As the hubby was tossing out a half pan of bars that didn't turn out he yelled from the kitchen "Julie you sure are striking out on this cooking thing lately." Then added, "Want to take a picture of me throwing away your bars?" How helpful of him! Supper tonight looks like it's redeeming me also, well it smells like it is so hopefully it will. Can't wait to share it with you! Enjoy!



Zucchini Bread
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 c. oil
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 c. zucchini
1/2 c. milk
3 c. flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 c. raisins (optional

Toppings
1 c. sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Mix oil, sugar, eggs (one at a time), and zucchini

2. Mix in a different bowl; flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder and salt.

3. Add second mixture to first alternating with milk.

4. Put in two greased loaf pans.

5. Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle on top of bread. You can half the topping as it makes a lot if you wish!

6. Bake for 1 hr at 325 degrees.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Hmm... sounds yummy! Recipes passed down from relatives are always the best!

~Amanda
softandstiffpeaks.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home