Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pizza Panini

I came across this recipe today after church while I was trying to figure out what to make for meals this week. I mentioned the ingredients to hubby, knowing he would love this combo. In fact he decided the recipe sounded so good he wanted it tonight. So after our nieces birthday party it was off to the grocery store to grab a few ingredients we didn't have for the recipe. There is nothing fancy, schmancy about this meal and I'm not sure I should even call it a recipe or write about it because it is so dang easy. I always need a few recipes like this for a quick dinner when you are tight for time or just feeling lazy (not that I ever feel lazy!!!). Plus it's very kid friendly too! It calls for a panini press but I didn't have one so I did it the old fashioned, make it like a grilled cheese way. Now I want a panini press though, along with many many other kitchen gadgets. I could use an addition to the house just for kitchen supplies! Enjoy!



Pizza Paninis
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

Texas Toast
Pizza Sauce
Shredded Cheese (I used a pizza blend)
Pepperoni (or what ever topping you prefer)

1. Bake Texas Toast (you will need 2 per sandwich) according to package directions.

2. Take out of oven and top a piece of texas toast with shredded cheese and pepperoni. Place another piece of texas toast on top of the toppings. Grill in the panini press or on the stove in a pan.

3. Serve with warmed pizza sauce.

Adapted from: Cassie Craves

Labels:

1 Comments:

At June 13, 2011 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

sounds yummy!

Amanda/softandstiffpeaks.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home