Friday, June 3, 2011

Monster Cookie Bars

I think we are pretty much ready to take off and go camping! The food is made, the clothes are packed, the camper is cleaned and of course there are adult beverages that have been bought. The weather looks to be absolutely amazing and we are ready for a good time. Camping I have decided is actually a lot of work for a woman. I don't think men actually realize this. I was just having this conversation with my sister-in-law, who has been camping a little bit longer than me. I have only been at it a year. For those of you that don't know me camping is not tenting it for this girl. I put down my foot and told my hubby that we will be camping in a camper, not a pop-up either. Don't get me wrong we do not have a oh so fabulous, nicer than our house camper, but it is a camper and I don't sleep on the ground and it has air conditioning. Last year for our wedding we got a really nice portable grill that I am very excited to grill on this weekend. Well my hubby will be grilling and I'll be there for moral support. I bough him griddle plates to put on it so we are going to try making our pancakes, eggs and sausage on there for breakfast. I'll let you know how it goes! I made a pan of bars for the weekend, which has already been broken into by hubby. He reports "oh these are soooo awesome". If you don't have time to make cookies this recipe is much less time consuming and tastes just as good. It makes a big pan of bars so it's perfect for going somewhere like camping where others will be sharing! I did alter the recipe to not include chocolate which I have noted. I don't know if I have told you this but I'm allergic to chocolate so if you see this as a repeating theme...it's because I want to eat what I make! Hopefully I'll catch some rays over the weekend and come back a sun tanned goddess...well probably just sun tanned. I don't think the sun can turn me into a goddess! ENJOY!

Monster Cookie Bars
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1/2 c. butter, softened
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp corn syrup
2 tsp baking soda
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. peanut butter
4 1/2 c. quick oatmeal
6 oz. chocolate chips (I used peanut butter chips)
6 oz M&M's (I used Reese's Pieces)

1. Mix butter and sugars together.

2. Add eggs, vanilla, corn syrup, and baking soda. Sir in peanut butter. Stir in oatmeal. Add chocolate chips and M&M's.

3. Bake in a greased 13x18 inch pan at 350 degrees for 15 minutes for a soft, chewy bar. They will not look done, but will cook as they set.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 3, 2011 at 8:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooooove peanut butter. ;)

 
At September 7, 2011 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Megan said...

I just made monster cookies this weekend and someone suggested bars instead and now I see why. My cookies had rice krispies in them and they added a nice texture. Thanks for sharing!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMAZING!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Shelley said...

Love These!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home