Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Baked Meatballs

It's already Wednesday! I could really get used to this four day week thing. Not that the week hasn't been crazy busy or anything. Tonight I got out of work a bit late and knew I had to clean the camper and get it ready for our first camping trip of the season this weekend and the weather looks like its going to hold out. Doing a little dance for that! I called my wonderful hubby on the way home and he informed me he was making burgers on the grill along with green beans and potatoes. I about swooned and went to heaven. He's the best grill master. I try making up the potatoes and green beans ahead of time for him and they never ever taste as good as his. He's got it mastered. When you think about it doesn't everything always taste better when someone else treats you to it though? It was already going to be 6 when I got home and I wasn't feeling overly ambitious so thank goodness he was craving a burger. Isn't he just the best? The camper is cleaned and ready to go, so tomorrow night I just have to grab a few groceries and bake/make/prepare food. It will be another busy evening. The recipe I'm sharing with you tonight is a oldie but a goodie. My mom frequently made these when we were growing up and it's definitely stand by for both of us now. Sometimes you just have to go back to a staple meat and potatoes supper and this definitely fits the bill. The recipe actually got passed down from my Aunt Pam. It has ingredients that you will find in your cupboards more than likely so you won't have to even go to the grocery store. Gotta love family recipes being passed around! Enjoy!

Baked Meatballs
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 sm onion, minced
1/2 c. raw rice
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 c. fine bread crumbs
1/2 tsp allspice
1 egg, beaten
1 c. milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. water
Dash of salt and pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1. Mix first 9 ingredients.

2. Shape into meatballs.

3. Place in a 2 qt casserole dish.

4. Mix soup, water, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.

5. Pour over meatballs and cover.

6. Bake 1 1/4 hours at 350 degrees.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 2, 2011 at 2:13 AM , Blogger Purabi Naha said...

mmmm...as yummy as it could be! The baked version is worth a try...

 
At July 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM , Blogger anne513 said...

I made these tonight. I cooked the onion before adding though. It made enough to freeze for two more meals. It was so good. I am now a follower of your blog! Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home