Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rhubarberry Crisp

Today I was outside planting my flowers while my hubby was working on the garage. Yes we have started another project at the Evinks! We are onto building a garage. Of course because we are sooooo lucky we have already found difficulties with it. Our lot slopes about two feet in the backyard which equals a LOT of gravel to build it up. We are talking FIVE loads of gravel! So he was busy leveling out the gravel while I was working on the flowers. During this time I noticed that I have abundance of rhubarb. I know there is some lurking in my backyard that I haven't picked yet and I need too. I think my hubby is starting to get sick of me making more rhubarb desserts/bread/muffins etc. I did promise him I'd make him Pizza Bars because I mentioned making them with my niece last weekend and he's been begging for them ever since then. I can't say that I haven't been craving them also! I still have yet to share the best dessert with you. It's of course my mom's recipe and I have never made it but I'm telling you it's a melt in your mouth to die for dessert that I can't wait for her to make. I'm going to cut that rhubarb in the backyard and hopefully make it next week and share it with you so be on the look out! This dessert has both strawberries and rhubarb in it again and my parents said it was great especially when you top it with ice cream and it's warm and fresh out of the oven. I tried it today with cool whip also. I recommend the warm with ice cream approach! Enjoy!



Rhubarberry Crisp
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 c. flour
3/4 c. oatmeal
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. butter, melted
3 c. rhubarb
3 c. strawberries or raspberries
1 c. sugar
1 T vanilla
3 T cornstarch

1. Mix together flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press half of mixture into greased 9x13-inch pan.

2. Mix rhubarb, strawberries and sugar in a large saucepan; let set for 2 minutes. Stir in cornstarch and vanilla. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour over crust; top with remaining crumb mixture.



3. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home