Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pizza Bars

I'm currently lounging on the couch in my pj's on my day off watching Gossip Girl which is my new addiction. Yes I know it's ten o'clock and its my day off don't judge me for this! I know there will be a point in time where I won't have this opportunity so I'm enjoying this while I can. I have made this pan of bars we are going to discuss and started the dishwasher and successfully blew a breaker while baking so I'd say I'm off to a great start for the day. Ahead of me on my list of duties for the day are going to an insurance meeting about life insurance. Should I blame Jason on this one?? Nah, I agreed to it but I guess I really am growing up. After that I have a hair appointment and I need to get ready for another Scentsy party so I'm pretty sure I'll have a busy day so I should get off the couch at some point! We are going over to Lucy's tomorrow night for game night and I got put in charge of the sweet treat because for Halloween I made Monster Bars and they were a big hit. Hopefully I can live up to all the hype! I alter this recipe a bit because I'm allergic to chocolate. Instead of the chocolate chips I use peanut butter chips and instead of the M&M's I use Reese's pieces. You can use whichever you are craving!

Pizza Bars
Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients
1 c. Butter
1 c. Brown Sugar
1 1/2 c. Flour
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 c. Oatmeal
1 Bag Mini M&M's
1 Bag Mini Chocolate Chips
1 Jar Caramel Sauce
Almond Bark

1. Cream together the butter and brown sugar.

2. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal.

3. Press into a 10x15 inch greased pan. If you don't have this size pan I have also used a 9x13 pan and it works great!

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. I ended up baking it about 20-25 minutes because the middle of the bars were not done after 15 minutes.

5. Spread 1/2 jar caramel sauce on bars.



6. Sprinkle with M&M's and chocolate chips. Drizzle with almond bark.



Recipe from the Apostolic Christian Church Cookbook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 11, 2010 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Why do you call them pizza bars? I was imagining something with pepperoni on it!

 
At November 13, 2010 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Julie said...

No idea that's just what the recipe called them! These are wayyyy better...the caramel makes the crust extra chewy and it doesn't dry out. Yummy!

 
At May 25, 2011 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Scrumptious! I was looking at this post and I was like: hey! i made something like this before!

For the "pepperoni", I used Haw Flakes, this Chinese cookie/candy. They are red, round, and look just like pepperoni. Tasty too. Maybe you can put them in next time! They can be found in Asian grocers.

~Amanda
http://softandstiffpeaks.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home