Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Enchilada Lasagna

Wow is this weather awesome or what? I know we deserve it and it was a long time coming but it's great. This is three days in a row of great weather. I think we are getting spoiled and it looks like it's back to reality in the next few days with the forecasted gloomy weather. You can truly tell I'm a farm girl at heart. Every morning on my way to work I call my mom and check in to see how the guys are coming in the field. I quiz her about the planting and tillage that they are doing. You can take the girl off the farm but there's no taking the farm out of the girl that's for sure! My mom gets the honor of bringing meals to the field every night. I think this is why some of our hired help actually stay. It's simply for Mom's cooking. I know I would! I was thinking last night, that being the wonderful daughter I am, I should really really volunteer to bring a meal out one night. So I'm thinking I might open my mouth and offer to do that for her as she gets tired of cooking every night like we all do. I don't think I'll be able to test out any new recipes on the guys or I might get fired, wait maybe I should and then I'd never have to do it again! The recipe I'm sharing with you tonight is a new one I tried out last night. It's a little bit different than the typical meat and potato recipe but I'm up for mixing it up every once in a while. So I better share it with you so I can get ready to go to our first softball practice of the year and enjoy this nice weather! Enjoy!

Enchilada Lasagna

Ingredients

8 Flour Tortillas
3 (16 oz) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cubed and cooked
1 tsp Cumin
3/4 c. Black Beans
1/2 Red Pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Sweet Onion, Chopped
1 10 oz can Enchilada Sauce
2 C. Mexican Cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

2. Heat skillet on medium heat and add olive oil, onions and peppers. Saute until soft, about 5-6 minutes.

3. Add chicken, cumin, 1/2 the can of enchilada sauce, black beans and 1c. of the cheese. Stir unil warm and combined.

4. Spray a 13x9 in baking dish with non-stick spray and put 2 tortillas on the bottom. Top with filling and repeat until tortillas are gone.


5. Top with remaining cup of cheese and drizzle the rest of the enchilada sauce on top.



6. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home