Sunday, May 15, 2011

Buttermilk Rhubarb Bread

Another weekend has came and went. Can you believe it? I think someone should invent a new work week. We work two days and have five off. Why hasn't this been done yet? It seems like it would be a lot more enjoyable! Today was a rather laid back day but we also got some different things accomplished. We started by going to church with my mom and I read in church and Jason helped my little brother usher. After we were done with that it was off to Mom's for some of her famous Monkey Bread. It was oh so yummy. In between that and church Jason got roped into putting Brent's new door on his house. It's amazing how my wonderful hubby is always in such demand. It seems like someone always needs his expertise that's for sure! I helped mom get her patio furniture out of storage so she could enjoy some time on it this week. It sounds like it suppose to be an absolutely gorgeous week. I think we definitely deserve it that's for sure after the cruddy weather we've been having. When we got home it was on to cleaning out our trucks. I've been waiting to tackle this but the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate, so today was the day. I bought my truck in December and this is the first official cleaning I've gave it. Let's just say it was long over due! This week should be a fairly relaxed one. We get carpet tomorrow and that's the only thing on the agenda. Oh wait I have my first softball practice Wednesday too...look it's already filling up! Typical right? The recipe I'm sharing with you is a new recipe that I tried. Mom told me she had some rhubarb ready and I was stilling trying to get rid of my extra buttermilk so I goggled rhubarb and buttermilk and this what I came up with! It is very, very good. Jason even said it was pretty good and has been nibbling on it and he doesn't even like rhubarb! It is moist and has the most wonderful topping on it. Enjoy!



Buttermilk Rhubarb Bread
Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients

3/4 c. Brown Sugar
1/3 c. Vegetable Oil
1 Egg
1/2 c. Buttermilk
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 c. Flour
1 c. Rhubarb, diced
1/3 c. Chopped Pecans, Roasted (I skipped this!)
1/2 c. White Chocolate Chips

Topping
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Butter, melted
1/4 tsp Cinnamon

1. Mix all bread ingredients together.

2. Generously grease a bread pan. Pour batter into pan.



3. In a small bowl combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over batter.

4. Bake at 325 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until it test done.



5. Allow to cool before tipping out of pan. If you don't it will come out in pieces. This is your warning! :)

Adapted from: Eating Out Loud

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home