Saturday, May 14, 2011

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham & Cheese

Wow what a day! I started by getting up and going to they gym. When I got home my little bro called and stopped by because he missed me :) We had a nice chat and after he left it was on to touch up paint in the basement. Jason and I were on a mission today to get the basement ready for carpet on Monday. We successfully accomplished that! We did touch up paint, Jason finished the bathroom vanity doors and drawers, we pledged all the wood work, swept and vacuumed! It looks awesome and I can't imagine how great it's going to be to actually enjoy the time down there. I also cleaned the upstairs and did some laundry. After saying how productive I was to Jason and that I even cleaned up stairs. He had to politely inform me that guess what Julie...you have like twice the amount of house to clean now that the basement is done. Wonderful, that was a great comment hunny! In between all that activity I made a great supper. I've been waiting to make this recipe on a day I had a while because it takes about an hour and a half to cook. It was a dreary, raining day and it was the perfect day for it! This Scalloped Potato and Ham recipe is awesome. I know I already have a recipe on here for this but it's a Crock-Pot one. And yes I know I could just bake it but why not mix things up and have two recipes?! I also made Buttermilk Rhubarb Bread tonight and it was also amazing...and that recipe will be coming later...not to tempt you or anything!

Scalloped Potatoes with Ham & Cheese
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup, Undiluted
1 C. Milk
2/3 C. Condensed Cream of Potato Soup, Undiluted
1/2 C. Chopped Onion
1/4 C. Butter, Melted
1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Seasoned Salt
8 Medium Red Potatoes, Peeled and Thinly Sliced
3 C. Cubed Fully Cooked Ham
1 1/2 C (6 oz) Shredded Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese

1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the potatoes, ham and cheese; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13 in. x 9 in. baking dish.

2. Baked, uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before servings so the sauce can thicken.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home