Friday, May 13, 2011

Mom's Buttermilk Pancakes

TGIF! Oh thank goodness it's Friday. I say this every Friday so it's not like it's been that rough of a week or anything. I'm just always happy when the weekend comes. Then it flies by and I'm right back at Monday. I haven't been ignoring you all this week. Actually the program that I use to post my blog has been experiencing some technical difficulties so I was stuck waiting till they fixed the problems. I'm back now! This week we have been getting ready for the carpet in the basement to come on Monday. We've been just a trucking away on it. Actually I'm going to say that Jason is has been truckin' more than me. He's a bit more handy in that department! My mind has been racing trying to figure out just how I'm going to decorate it down there. His focus has been on things like making the cabinet for the dart board, or when we can go and get my mini fridge from my parents so he has a place to store his beer downstairs. You know it's a lot of work to come up those stairs and get a beer! This weekend we'll hopefully finish getting the basement ready for carpet. Other things on the agenda include not much actually for once. I'm looking forward to hopefully finding a little bit of down time to hang out with my hubby sometime this weekend! On to the recipe that I'll be sharing with you. I noticed I had some buttermilk from a previous recipe that I needed to use up when I was getting my lunch ready this morning. I was looking for a recipe that included buttermilk today and I came across these pancakes. It seemed like the perfect supper. I love breakfast for supper every once in a while and it was such a dreary and cold day that pancakes it was! This isn't my mom's recipe...it's just the title of the recipe....since you know I steal a lot of recipes from her I thought I better clarify that! These pancakes were light and fluffy and the batter was super easy to mix. I definitely will make again if I end up with buttermilk on hand!

Mom's Buttermilk Pancakes
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 c. flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Egg
1 1/8 c. Buttermilk
2 Tbsp butter, melted

1. Preheat and lightly grease a large skillet or electric griddle.

2. Mix the flour, salt and baking soda together in a bowl.

3. Ad the egg, buttermilk and butter. I would whisk the egg before I added if I were you. My egg didn't want to mix in and I think this would have helped. It's important that you lightly stir the batter together. You want it to have a few lumps and look thick, spongy and puffy. If you over stir it the pancakes won't be as light and fluffy.




4. Drop 1/4 c. of the better onto the cooking surface, spreading lightly with the bottom of the cup to even out the batter. Cook until lightly browned on each side, about 1-2 min per side. The batter will start to form bubbles on the top when you need to flip it.


Yes I do realize that my pancakes don't look quite as perfect as Perkins!

Jason dug in right away!

Recipe adapted from All Recipes

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home