Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Herbed Potatoes & Green Beans

I've officially survived three days of work at my new job! On Monday I woke up with a horrible cold. Like the worst one I've had all winter. Of course. Perfect. First day of my new job. I had a ton of sick days at my old job I never used but noooo I couldn't get the cold last week. So I toughed it out and went in. I'm sure I was super impressive blowing my nose every three minutes but I got through it and maybe even retained a little bit of the information I was told. I'm feeling much better and over the last few days have retained even more information. I keep telling them I'd like to just fast forward about a month so I was a little bit comfortable with things. So far I'm really enjoying the things I have learned and am still excited about the job. Good sign right?! I emailed my friend today and told her the only thing I have to complain about is the fact that I haven't figured when to get my work out in every day. She informed me that if that's the only thing I have to complain about so far I'm doing pretty good! The workout complex - I tried working out after supper last night and well full stomach + workout = not productive workout. Today I tried working out after work. It was ok but the gym was full and all I could think about was man I wish that I could go back to my normal workout before work. The thing is I have to be to work an hour earlier and I have a 15 minute drive now. So tomorrow morning I'm going to rise at the crack of down and try out the workout before work. I'll let you know how that goes! It's just so nice to be done with work and not have to dread the fact that you still have to workout! Ok enough about me and onto this recipe again. I had picked up some fresh green beans at the grocery store last week and saw this recipe and figured I'd try it since I can always use a different side dish. It turned out great and it was a nice change of pace. Enjoy!

Herbed Potatoes & Green Beans
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

12 oz potatoes (3 small russet or 5 red potatoes approximately)
1/2 lb green beans, ends trimmed
Chicken Broth - At least two cups
1/2 Tbsp dried minced onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Paprika
3 green onions, diced (I omitted this of course!)
Salt & Pepper

1. In large skillet with lid, spray surface with cooking spray. Turn heat to medium and add potatoes. Flip after 5 minutes and brown other side.





2. Pour in about 1 c. chicken broth or until potatoes are about half covered with broth. Cover and allow to steam over medium/low heat 5-10 minutes until liquid is almost absorbed.

3. Add 1 cup more broth or half way up potatoes again. Add green beans, minced, onion powder and paprika. Stir. Replace lid and allow to steam 5-10 minutes. Once veggies are cooked through turn up heat and reduce broth. As it thickens stir to coat veggies.



4. Season with salt and pepper. Top with minced onions - I of course skipped this step!

Recipes from: Stephanie Cooks

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home