Thursday, May 5, 2011

Banana Crumb Snack Cake

Here it is!!! The long awaited recipe that I described as SCRUMPTIOUS. It really is. I'm not exaggerating or anything. In fact as I just walked up the stairs Jason yelled...are you going to make me another banana crumb cake even though we still have leftovers. I think that explains everything right there. I haven't made it for awhile and I had a few very ripe bananas and had all the ingredients on hand so I decided to make it. Man...I think now that maybe I shouldn't have because I can't keep my fingers out of it. In fact I had to hide the pan on top of the fridge because every time I walked by I had to stop and grab a piece. Make it for yourself and let me know what you think!


Banana Crumb Snack Cake
Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients
2/3 C. Slivered Almonds
1/4 C. Packed Brown Sugar
2/3 C. Butter, softened
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
3/4 tsp Almond Extract
3 C. All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
2 C. Mashed Ripe Bananas (3-4 Bananas)
1 C. (8 oz) Sour Cream
1 C. Vanilla or White Chips

1. In a small bowl, combine almonds and brown sugar; set aside (I omitted slivered almonds for Jason but I have used them and they are awesome on this cake!).

2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract.



3. Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream. Fold in white chocolate or vanilla chips.

4. Spread into a greased 13x9x2 in baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved almond mixture.



5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home