Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hamburger Stroganoff

Well the storm's a brewing in MN once again.....this is the perfect meal to cozy up to when its blustery out. Jason adoringly refers to this as "Stroggie". I told him I was going to make this last weekend and his eyes lit up kinda like when I make Taco Pie. It's another hand me down recipe from Mama Coleen....thank you mom! It's way better than Hamburger Helper and just as easy in my opinion!

Update on the Evink household....we have outlets and light switches that WORK in the basement. I guess I really should have some more faith in my wonderful husband who is an electrician/plumber/carpenter. The first night the electrical was done (and yes it passed inspection so our house shouldn't burn to the ground!) I walked downstairs to do laundry and was reaching everywhere for a cord to pull so the light went on then I want AHHHH yes that's right I'm moving up in the world...I have light switches! He's currently down there slaving away. I'm not sure what he's doing but I'll leave him be in his future man cave. I on the other hand am taking the night off. I poured myself a glass of wine and plan on sitting on the couch and watching some TV. I found out that I can get all the "Say Yes to the Dress" episodes instantly through Netflix so I might watch that or Gossip Girls. It's kind of a toss up! Oh other big news in the life of Julie...I got a new cell phone today! I upgraded from my reliable OLD flip phone to a "Smart Phone". I called my dad after I got it (that's about all I could figure out on it) and told him that I now know what he feels like when he is suppose to use new technology. Completely illiterate! I broke out the user guide so I plan on reading up on that. Wish me luck! Now I'm done rambling so here's that recipe.


Hamburger Stroganoff
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1/2 c. minced onion
1 clove garlic
1 lb ground beef
2 Tbs flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 - 8 oz can sliced mushrooms (I don't put this in...Jason would not love it anymore!)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. butter
Egg Noodles or Rice

1. Saute onion and garlic in butter.

2. Stir in meat and brown.

3. Stir in flour, salt, pepper & mushrooms.

4. Cook five minutes, drain off grease.

5. Stir in soup and simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.

6. Stir in sour cream and garnish with parsley.

7. Put on noodles or rice. I always use egg noodles.



Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!
 



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home