Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Taco Pie

You might be wondering how our house is....exactly how we left it last night. Jason informed me that he was going to celebrate the fact they are done Tyveking the house they are working on by sitting on the couch with a beer. Well that is just what he as doing other than when I threw some socks of his that were inside out when I was folding them...he managed to get them the right way. Not back to me where I folding laundry although. They are still sitting on the couch next to him. Oh the joys of marriage and differences between two people! I think pay back will be a shopping trip to Alex on Saturday while he slaves away on the house. I think that's fair right?? As for the Taco Pie you are all wondering about. This recipe is simply awesome. It's something a little different that every generation seems to love. My mom found the recipe first and started making it as a staple at the Koehl household. I just stole the recipe and made it a staple at the Evink household also. My niece and nephew love it, my dad loves it, my brother loves it and when Jason came home last night his eyes lit up and he goes TACO PIE?!? YUM! So he must love it too!

Taco Pie
Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients

1 lb hamburger
1 tube crescent rolls
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1/2 c. water
1 c. sour cream
1 c. Cheddar Cheese
1 c. crushed nacho cheese chips (I use Doritos and Taco chips)

1. Brown hamburger. Drain excess fat.

2. Add taco seasoning and water; simmer for 5 minutes.

3. Place crescent rolls in a greased deep pie pan; flatten to cover bottom.



4. Layer on the crescent rolls, the hamburger mixture, sour cream, cheese and crushed chips.



5. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.


I'm going to finish folding laundry and then join my hubby on the couch. I might opt for hot chocolate instead of a beer though. Enjoy!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At November 4, 2010 at 3:49 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Julie- come make dinner for me! I'm tired of being the wife.

 
At November 11, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Julie said...

Haha well it's taken me about 3 months and I have many of those moments too :) I was estatic when Jason made Tuna Helper last night and I didn't have to cook!!!

 
At August 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous Rebecca @ A Dash of Thyme said...

This looks yummy! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home