Monday, November 1, 2010

Cream Cheese Potato Soup

I'm currently trying to distract myself from the fact that my husband is ripping apart my, I mean OUR, kitchen. You see we have this lovely gurgling sound coming from our sink in the kitchen every time our washing machine or sump pump drains downstairs. I finally got sick of listening to it and I thought there was a smell being caused by this so I hounded him to fix it. Yes, I know this is my fault that he is ripping apart our walls, but seriously it is sooo annoying! First he started in the attic and I PRAYED that he would fix the pipe up there and everything would be peachy keen but that would be way to easy. We prefer things very difficult at the Evinks. I was out delivering Scentsy tonight and I was warned that when I come home there will be a mess. So of course there was...insulation from the attic pouring out of the hole he climbed up. I was then informed that he could not fix the problem up there. Next step, operation kitchen....emptying out the cupboards, dismantling one from the wall and knocking a hole in the well. As I ask, Jason are you sure that pipe runs on that side of the window?? Ummm his reply is, pretty sure! Now that makes me nervous. So he starts to confirm that it is the correct side of the window. Now he is doubting himself. He also just told me that no matter how we do this and no matter what side of the window the pipe runs on he doesn't think he can run it back up that wall. Instead he would like to run it BESIDE my cupboard by the door. Oh Julie we can just make a little box to put it in....oh lovely idea Jason. So if any of you show up at my house and you see a box built beside my cupboards you will know who won this battle! Well anyways I'm ranting and raving and my husband is saying naughty words behind me and this is not why I started this blog posting. When you read the title you were imagining our peaceful life as I slave away at soup and he comes home from work and I greet him with a kiss and we live happily ever after. I'm sorry I popped that bubble ;) BACK to the soup! It's a wonderful recipe and it's another recipe you can prepare in the Crock-Pot because what beats coming home on a cold winter evening to soup??

Cream Cheese Potato Soup
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

8 c. water
7 tsp chicken bouillon
2 - 8oz pkgs cream cheese, cubed
1 - 32 oz frozen cubed hash browns potatoes, thawed
1 1/2 c. fully cooked ham, cubed
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dill weed

1. In a dutch oven, combine the water & bullion.

2. Add cream cheese. Stir till melted.

3. Stir in remaining ingredients.




4. Simmer until veg are tender.



I used my crock pot!! But make sure to use a big one. I tried it first in my little one, which is from my good 'ol single days and it was almost overflowing. So I recommend on getting that big one out! It takes about 6-8 hours on low and 4 hours on high.

Update on the kitchen, I'm pretty sure there is a reason my husband is not a plumber....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home