Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pizza in a Pot

Pizza in a Pot...doesn't sound all that wonderful does it? Well it's a hot dish glorified for the Crock-Pot! It is quite yummy and I almost think its better when you warm it up the second time. Yes I know this is an odd statement. I'll share the recipe with you in a bit. By the way the hubby really liked it. If he likes it the recipe usually takes up residence in my box o'recipes. But this not always the case like last night for example....I was trying out this new pasta recipe with bacon and a white sauce. Oh it looked soooo marvelous and scrumptious from the pictures. I had been meaning to try this recipe for a few months. Unfortunately my finished product was nothing like the pictures. Jason took to calling it Goulash....and informed me, " I bet I can throw the entire thing away with one scoop"...yes he did. It was stuck together in a big clump. I should have took picture for you all.....see this is the thing....I only show you the good finished products!!! I screen the recipes for you so you don't have too. Trust me your husband (or significant other) should appreciate this. Our Texas Toast out of a box last night was WAY better then my attempt at the pasta dish. Luckily Jason just laughs at me and tells me the worse thing that will happen is we will make a pizza. Thankfully I have a good sport when it comes to me being all crazy and trying to new recipes!

Pizza in a Pot
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
2 packages (3 1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

1. In a large skilled, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, pizza sauce and tomato paste. (I didn't add green peppers due to hubby and used dried onion)



2. In a 5 qt slow cooker, layer the pasta, beef mixture, pepperoni and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. (You can use more pasta if you would like. In my opinion it could have used more and next time I'll make a little bit more!)




Recipe from Taste of Home
Servings - 8

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 473 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 829 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 27, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Blogger GStaples said...

Pizza in the crock, who would of thought? Looks really good! Congrats on your win!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home