Saturday, October 16, 2010

Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs

Tonight I had this wonderful idea of making something more complicated and time consuming for supper because I had the day off from work and could do this. Well, I was over ambitious and started painting the hallway in our house. I have been telling my friend, Desiree, that I am going to do this for oh over a month and I'm happy to say its finally DONE! In between coats I successfully did about five loads of laundry. I leave for training in the cities on Monday and needed to make sure I had clothes! After painting the ceiling, walls and trim I looked at the clock and it was already 6:00! So much for my great idea! After a quick inventory of what was actually in the cupboards and freezer I decided that I would make Spaghetti & Meatballs. This recipe is super easy and quick! You don't even have to cook the meatballs separate like most recipes. Jason LOVED the meatballs. He informed me he could just eat those and that would be just fine! Here's the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Best Ever Spaghetti & Meatballs
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients

1 lb Ground Beef
1/2 c. Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 Egg
1 jar ( 1 lb 10 oz) Pasta Sauce
8 oz Spaghetti

Directions

1. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs & egg. Shape into 12 meatballs.

2. Bring pasta sauce to a boil. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs (Be careful they tend to crumble!). Reduce heat to low & simmer covered, stirring occasionally 20 min or until meatballs are done.


3. In the meantime bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to directions.

4. Serve over hot spaghetti. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.


I served the spaghetti & meatballs with garlic biscuits. I used Bisquick Complete Cheese-Garlic biscuit mix. I like to spice these up a little by adding Garlic Garlic from Tastefully Simple and some shredded cheese. By the way you need this in your house it comes in so handy!!! My friend Michelle is a consultant and I just got it a few months ago and LOVE it. http://www.tastefullysimple.com/


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home