Thursday, August 16, 2012

Nutter Butter Krispie Treats

This past weekend I went out to my mom's house while the hubby went over to a friends house to install a counter top. Sometimes I just need "mom" time. Well actually probably more than adult should need, but there is just this "understanding" between me and my mom. She's probably my best friend. Yup without a doubt. So when I went out there I grabbed some ingredients, the ones I had and knew she'd have the rest to try out a new bar recipe. She played with Miss K while I got to work. Let's just say - EPIC FAIL. It was supposed to be this yummy peanut butter infused bar and well we had a good laugh as we all tried to get the overly peanut buttery bar off the top of our mouths. My little bro was making so much fun of me I had tears I was laughing so hard. Let's just say it went straight into the garbage along with the recipe. Just so you know not everything turns out that I make. You only see the best!

I had to redeem myself so a couple days later I tried this recipe. I figured by looking at the ingredients there was no way possible that this could be another EPIC FAIL. I was right! These super yummy treats are thicker than a regular Rice Krispie Bar and have just the right amount peanut butter unlike the other recipe!



Nutter Butter Krispie Bars
Printer Friendly Recipe

Ingredients
1 (16 oz) package of Nutter Butter Cookies, chopped
6 c. rice krispie cereal
1/2 c. butter
2 (10.5 oz) bags mini marshmallows

1. In a large sauce pan melt your butter over low heat. Key word is LARGE. Mine was overflowing!

2. Still on low heat, add the marshmallows to the melted butter and stir until marshmallows are melted.

3. Remove from heat and stir in your rice krispies and chopped Nutter Butter cookies.


4. When combined, pour mixture into prepared pan and press evenly.

5. Allow to cool, about 20-30 minutes and cut into squares.


*Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days

Recipe From: Cookies and Cups


Shared on the following sites - Please give them a visit!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At August 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Kind of like that peanut butter sauce you tried to make that one night for our ice cream? That.Was.Awesome....ly funny!

Love you Jules!

 
At August 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

These are calling my name! Yum!

 
At August 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

These are such a fabulous idea! And no worries about the fail, I dumped a dessert in the trash today that didn't work out!:)

 
At August 24, 2012 at 4:47 AM , Blogger The Country Cook said...

Hey Julie! Thank you so much for linking up to Weekend Potluck last week (and for linking back!). Your recipe is a featured recipe today! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
http://www.thecountrycook.net/2012/08/weekend-potluck-32.html

 
At September 5, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Anonymous Jenna @ Newlyweds said...

These are calling my name, I am so making these for our next camping trip. Thanks for sharing on newlyweds recipe linky. I pinned this recipe too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home